It’s Friday!! I can’t wait to drop Orelia at the Muttley Crew in the morning and hit the road with B. Calistoga: Watch out…we’re on our way!! We’ll be sipping wine, getting massages and lounging by the pool at Solage. Hope your weekend is equally blissful!!
The past few weeks have been pretty stressful. When I saw this recent picture of Baby K, I couldn’t stop laughing. This is exactly how I’ve been feeling lately. I wish someone would carry me and make it all better.
But alas, I’m a big girl. I know it’s up to me to make it better. Fortunately, I’m taking steps to do just that. Until then, I’m staying calm and carrying this sweet little girl as much as I can.
Summer is finally here; and I’m committed to making every single day count! Hope you are too. Here’s my summer to-do list:
- Go to a drive-in movie at Capitola.
- Take a weekend getaway to Calistoga.
- Lounge in Alta Plaza Park with friends, Orelia and a bottle of white wine.
- Check out one of the SF Jazz Summer concerts.
- Get a massage at Sonoma Mission Inn and enjoy lunch & cocktails by the pool.
- Embrace my inner oooom at YogaWorks.
- Say hi more often when I pass someone on the street, especially handsome men. (They are everywhere all of a sudden!)
- Wear sundresses whenever the temperature ventures above 70 degrees.
- Go for long walks at Crissy Field and Baker Beach.
- Visit friends in Mill Valley and soak up the sun as often as possible.
I’ve been spending so much time working that I’m considering getting a new office chair. I came across this lovely and surprisingly comfortable one at Jonathan Adler down on Fillmore Street. It’s on sale and calling my name. But do I really want to spend $500 on a chair?! Decisions, decisions…
Fortunately, it’s Friday and the only decision I need to make is what time I should book my massage this evening. I’m counting the hours until I can shut my work laptop. Snuggle time with my god daughter & Orelia, a much needed session with my career coach Victoria Zenoff and a date with a cute man and his adorable dog will be the highlights of my weekend. Hope you have a great one too!
I recently started a new ritual that always kicks the weekend off on the right foot. I sleep in past 8 am. I roll out of bed and into sweats. Orelia and I pick up the newspaper on the stoop and stroll down to Union Street. After oohing and aahing at the Golden Gate Bridge and the Pacific Ocean in the distance, we plop ourselves down at Cafe des Amis.
Yes. The usual, please. Water bowl for her. Quiche Florentine (ie quiche with bacon and spinach) with a glass of orange juice for me. I read the paper. I people watch. Orelia barks at small children as they stroll by with their parents. We both leave fulfilled and happy.
Until next Saturday…